Küsnacht is located at about 10 km from Zurich, on the left bank of the lake.
The main places linked to C.G. Jung and his successors :
- House of C.G. Jung (1)
- C.G. Jung Institute Zurich, Küsnacht (2)
- Foundation of Jungian Psychology (3)
- Protestant Church (4)
- Tombs of C.G. Jung, B.Hannah, and M.L. von Franz (5)
Click here to see the map or satellite view from Google maps.
To learn more about Küsnacht, please consult the official website www.kuesnacht.ch (in German).
On the left : the lake at Küsnacht, with Zurich at the back. On the right : the train station.
The C.G. Jung Institute : view from the access road Hornweg, number 28.
View of the institute from the lake.
A memorial plaque on the facade of the building indicates that the writer Conrad Ferdinand Meyer lived in this house from 1868 to 1872.
This building used to be the house and cabinet of Barbara Hannah and Marie-Louise von Franz, and now holds the main office of the Foundation for Jungian Psychology (Stiftung Jung’sche Psychologie) along with the Marie-Louise von Franz library.
It is located at Lindenbergstrasse 15, in Küsnacht.
The protestant church on the outside, with a parcel of vines on the foreground (photos on the right).
The protestant church on the inside. The organ is situated in the top part, at the other end of the nave.
The graves of C.G. Jung, Barbara Hannah, Marie-Louise von Franz and other members of their family are located in the cemetery in Küsnacht.
An inscription in Latin surrounds the headstone of C.G. Jung’s family grave :
- Primus Homo de terra terrenus | The first man is from the earth
- Secundus homo de caelo caelestis | The second man is from heaven
- Vocatus atque non vocatus Deus aderit | Invoked or not invoked, God is present
Close by there is a second tomb where Barbara Hannah (1891-1986) and Marie-Louise von Franz (1915-1998) are buried. There’s also a lantern in the shape of the square M.L. von Franz Tower in Bollingen.